We play quite a few board games around here. Two of our littles are toddler/preschool aged which typically prompts us to play most of our games in a cooperative fashion even if the game isn’t built that way. It eases up the rules, gives the opportunity for easy outs in case a particular two year old decides 20 minutes is her limit or for the inevitable potty break. It also allows us to work together toward a goal and celebrate in the accomplishment together. In a world with so much competition, it’s freeing to play games with your kiddos where you all win or lose together.
Some of our favorite cooperative games for the toddler/preschool crowd are:
* The Little Orchard by Haba
* Hoot Owl Hoot by Peaceable Kingdom
* Count Your Chickens by Peaceable Kingdom
* Feed the Woozle by Peaceable Kingdom
* Harvest Time by Family Pastimes
What are your favorites?